Tabs

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Grandmother's Overgrown Flower Garden

This hexagon quilt is #5 on my list for  Judy's UFO challenge for 2011,.  so it should get done some time this year. She has you list 12 projects that need completion (by your own definition of complete) and number them 1-12.   Each month she will tell us which project to complete by #.  It is not the one I plan to work on here, but I thought it would be fun to show it anyway. I will post the progress and hopefully a finish, though.

I designed and taught this quilt at Annual Meeting for the Utah State Quilt Guild sometime around 2003.  If you zoom in you'll see pins in all the places that I need to fix.  I really love the design, but I did the border poorly.  I attached the black pieces by machine, and hand applique would have really been better. A mess is what happens when I try to hurry something.

3 comments:

Mommarock said...

Oh wow! How big is it? It is hard to tell from the picture. Im trying to figure out how big those green hexagons are for the vines and the hexagons are for the butterflies.. wowwie! I think this is amazing.

Anonymous said...

But it is so cute! I love it, and I'll bet the class members did, too.

Unknown said...

I have never seen hexagon used in a quilt like this before. Just wonderful. How big is the quilt?