Tabs

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

What a nice weekend

It was such a lovely weekend. For once, no one had an activity they needed to be at - I even spent an entire day in my pajama's! Heaven! I spent most of the weekend in a rocking chair on my porch working on sewing flowers. I didn't keep track of my numbers, but here are a few pictures of the progress.


Thea wanted to pose with the flowers. I have more somewhere, but the little miss in the picture likes to steal them (her current favorite activity is to use the flowers as her "recipes" when she cooks at her play kitchen).


Closer view


And making headway on the fabric in my travel bag. 

Speaking of travel bags. When I started thinking about hexagons, I read everything I could find on the internet (including this entire blog - everyone here is such an inspiration!) and I especially loved looking at everyone's hexie kits. If you have a hexagon kit, would you be willing to share? 


3 comments:

Sarah said...

I have two "kits" - one for travel and one at home. I'll try to get some pictures for a post next week :)

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of having a picture show of our kits. I'll get one up sometime in the next week. Great suggestion.

Your flowers are so colorful, and your story of what Thea does with them made me laugh!

Angie in SoCal said...

Such cute hexies - can see why little one is appropriating them. I'll post about my kit next time I post. I like your idea of keeping squares in your kit.