Tabs

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

2015 BOM for Hexagon Lovers

Directions for the start of the 2015 Katja Marek Millefiore Quilt Along are in the .pdf link. This is going to be one awesome quilt! You do need the book The New Hexagon by Marek, but some blocks in the QAL will be different. Paper Pieces is making up packets of the proper pieces about a month before each section comes up. I'd like to see it, if any of you join this QAL.

This is NOT your Grandmother's Flower Garden! LOL Think more of taking those rosettes and putting them in a kaleidoscope to see what happens to them! She does show a layout in the .pdf guidelines that gives an idea of the separations of rosettes. If you look at the paper pieces, though, you see that each hexagon in the guidelines is probably a rosette of some kind all by itself, such as the ones to the left here.

5 comments:

liniecat said...

I bought the book last week!
Am sorely tempted lol

dq said...

so gorgeous! I have decided that I don't like making hexi blocks so that is why mine is still unfinished. I wish I had this in the photo you posted, though.

Mariella said...

Oh I just bought the book. I'm gonna follow along as I can. Do we have to sign up or do we just do our best to keep up with the month's work? I look forward to this project!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, sorry! I forgot that you aren't all on my QuiltBOM blog. Sign up for newsletter on left sidebar.

Karen H said...

I ordered the book this week and will be following this QAL! I also hope to sew along!