Tabs

Sunday, November 23, 2014

PUZZLING OUT IN HEXAGONIA

All the edges of Monet's City ended up differently--some with two spaces some with one; i am puzzling out how to set this one up...I want to make this center piece on point and work out from there.  
I cut the extra black hexies to fill in and hopefully will work out from there...and so it goes when you didn't start with a "PLAN" (note to self--draw a plan BEFORE you start!!).

I hand basted all of these this week and some of these:
But I really didn't like how they looked filling in and moving outward --I had laid them all out and kept on walking by and knowing that something wasn't right.....

I don't have any of the original black print left so I am going to use these....
this afternoon I will be basting ....and auditioning.....

And that is my "take one step forward, take a big step backward" PROGRESS (????) this week.  
Hugs from Hexagonia, Julierose La Blageuse

3 comments:

Turid said...

This is just the way these hexie projects are going. And I love it! You've worked a lot the last days.

Julierose said...

I know it Tubakk; thanks for your kind comment. I guess I did do quite a few--many more to come, too hugs, Julierose

Angie in SoCal said...

Your piece is coming together beautifully. I look forward to seeing how you decide to set it.