Tabs

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Hexagon Preparation

Margaret asked a good question in the comments on the 1/4" hexes, posted by Tubakk. Her question was whether we cut out as we go or have hundreds ready to go. I have to say I've gone both ways, though not hundreds - I'm not that patient! Most commonly, I cut out as I go, or maybe cut all the pieces for one flower.

I've added a poll at the top of the sidebar so members and visitors can vote to let us know how people typically prepare to do their hexagon quilts. Thanks for participating and helping us find common ground!

I loved this example I found. Click on the photo to find her many interesting hexagon projects.

3 comments:

margaret said...

I would love to have a go at these butterflies, have any idea where to find the instructions please.

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

oh my! this looks like hours of painstaking work! it looks great!

-Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Kim said...

Love, love, LOVE this quilt!! This would add a smile to anyone's day!! Brilliant!!